Children learn to love by being loved, to self-soothe by being soothed, to be kind by experiencing kindness and to have empathy by experiencing empathy for their feeling from parents. That’s simply how brain development and emotional intelligence works. Here are some ways to express empathy for what your kids are going through.
Empathetic words for babies and kids
1.“I am sorry your feelings are hurt”
2. “I am sorry that happened to you.”
3. “I see how disappointed you are.”
4. “I know how hard it is for you to wait.”
5. “I know how hurtful it can be when I don’t get you that item,
6. I know how hurtful it can be when I was too busy and didn’t want to play,
7. I know how hurtful it can be because we have to shop.”
8. “I understand that you were mad at me for not buying you that or spending enough time with you.”
9. I know sometimes you don’t want to go to school because you will miss me.”
10. If we get dressed real fast we can read a book and you can have a picture of me to keep in you pocket.
11. I am sorry I know it is hard to wait but you can have time alone when we get home?”
12. I know sometimes you don’t want to go to school because you are scared the teacher’s voice is too loud or a friend forgot to use their words.”
13 . “I am sorry I am busy right now.” “I know it’s hard to wait!” “If you can please be patient and cooperate, I will give you each special time alone when I am done.” We will read a book and each have 5 minutes of time alone .
14. I can play with you in 15 minutes, what would you like to play with while I work?”