Together in Feeling Town we can teach our kids Emotional Intelligence and Transition to “Time-In” Parenting
Mommy, I’m Ugly!” — Building Your Child’s Self-Esteem
• You know if we talk about it, we will feel better
• How about if I make some guesses?
• Did something happen with a teacher?
• Did something happen with one of the kids in class?
• Did somebody call you a name today?
• Maybe we can figure out what is hiding out underneath the “I’m Ugly.”
• When kids say they’re ugly, they are really saying that something hurt their feelings or something is bothering them.
• Let’s pick up our self-confidence from the floor.
• I’m sorry she hurt your feelings, kids can be mean.
• What if we say, “that hurt my feelings”.
• Get the Stress Out, Talk it Out ,Dance it Out, Play it Out
Welcome to Feeling Town Where Kids Talk it Out
Never too early too teach babies (video coming soon..
My Feelings Are Hungry Song:Fun for families to dance & sing while learning Emotional Intelligence
Emotionally healthy children:
Are better learners,
Have fewer behavior problems ,
Feel better about themselves ,
Are better able to resist peer pressure ,
Are less violent, more empathetic ,
Are better at resolving conflicts ,
Are less likely to engage in self-destructive behavior (drugs, alcohol, teenage pregnancy)
Have more friends, Have better impulse control;
are better able to delay gratification
Are happier, healthier and more “successful”
(Based on research presented in Goleman’s book) http://eqi.org/eidefs.htm
Here is the Music Player. You need to installl flash player to show this cool thing!
Join us to become Behavior Detectives to improve your child's behavior!E mail us for your free gift when you join and purchase a book or song.
Latest on Twitter