Children learn to love by being loved, to self-soothe by being soothed, to be kind by experiencing kindness and to have empathy by experiencing empathy for their feeling from parents. That’s simply how brain development and emotional intelligence works. Here are some ways to express empathy for what your kids are going […]
And shaming kids or adults into losing weight does not work either, it only makes the eating go underground, in other words eating in secret. Shame also makes everyone feel badly […]
Over the past year I have very happily noticed an increase in the number of articles in the lay press on the importance of Emotional Intelligence, recess, and giving children less homework. I have been writing on this topic for the last 15 years and reading articles in psychology journals for […]
My son hits himself and pulls his hair leaving a mark when he gets upset and it really scares me. So much so that I’m ashamed to say, that I grabbed him by his arm and pulled him aside and told him […]
You may have read my (click ) previous post how I love Totspot and how easy and fun it is to buy and sell my kids gently used clothing.
Totspot makes it easy to sell my kids great clothes that are so full of memories that make the clothes […]
Here is the Music Player. You need to installl flash player to show this cool thing!
Join us to become Behavior Detectives to improve your child's behavior!E mail us for your free gift when you join and purchase a book or song.
Latest on Twitter
Your Shopping Cart
Latest from our Blog
- Children learn to be empathetic by experiencing empathy, Do you know what to say?
- Join Millions of People for ShakeOut! Largest Earthquake Drill 10/15
- “Mommy I feel Fat” Parents do you know how to respond? Fat is Not a Feeling !
- 25 articles:Emotional Intelligence +Empathy 4 kids misbehavior not punishment! + recess+ less homework for mental health
- “My son hits himself and pulls his hair leaving a mark when he gets upset, it really scares me!”
Featured ProfessionalsLoading Quotes...